The XVI International Children’s Football Tournament will be held in memory of Andrey Likontsev from 3rd until 6th January 2017 in Voronezh.
12 teams will compete in the tournament this year:
- 6 teams from Voronezh and Voronezh Region selected for the preliminary round,
- 6 teams invited by the organization from other regions of Russia and foreign countries.
These 12 teams will be divided into 2 groups; each group will consist of 3 teams from Voronezh and 3 invited teams. First, participants will play one round of the tournament inside their group, and then the tournament will go into play-offs.
- Age category: U11 (players born in 2006)
Outside of the sports program the guests will have an opportunity to see places of interest in Voronezh, such as a visit to the circus and one of the largest theme parks in Russia.
Since creation, the competition has hosted teams from:
- Azerbaijan: Inter and Shafa (Baku)
- Belgium: Brugge
- Belarus: Minsk
- Estonia: Levadia (Tallin)
- Germany: Hannover-96
- Spain: Levante (Valencia), Rayo Vallecano (Madrid), Real Racing (Santander), Real Valladolid (Valladolid)
- The Netherlands: Twente (Enschede), PEC Zwolle (Zwolle)
- The UK: Everton (Liverpool)
- Ukraine: Dinamo (Kiev), Metallist (Kharkov)
- Russia: Teams from Saint-Petersburg, Moscow, Ukhta, Belgorod, Tambov, Tula, Lipetsk, Irkutsk, Vladimir, Krasnoyarsk, Bryansk, Engels, Stariy Oskol, Penza and others.