During the 15 year history of the Andrey Likontsev Children’s Football Tournament it has been held during the winter holidays. Throughout this period the competition has changed its status from municipal to international, received recognition among experts, become popular in Russia and known abroad. The event is supported by the Physical Culture and Sports Department of Voronezh Region, the Physical Culture and Sports Department of Voronezh urban district, the Regional Trade Union Sports Club and various reliable commercial partners.
Throughout its time the tournament has evolved into a social project which has had an effect on the promotion of sports for children and has helped to enhance the reputation of the Voronezh Region at federal and international levels.
The tournament started in 2002; the first winners were boys from the team Lokomotiv (Liski, Voronezh Region). In 2011 the tournament became international.
All winners of Andrey Likontsev memorial football competition:
- 2002 – Lokomotiv (Liski, Voronezh Region)
- 2003 – School №73 (Voronezh)
- 2004-05 – Arsenal (Тula)
- 2006 – Stanok (Voronezh)
- 2007-08 – Crystal (Voronezh)
- 2009 – FCSh-73 (Voronezh)
- 2010 – Strela (Voronezh)
- 2011 – Zvezda (Engels, Russia)
- 2012 – Salut (Belgorod, Russia)
- 2013 – Levante (Valencia, Spain)
- 2014 – Rayo Vallecano (Madrid, Spain)
- 2015 – Chertanovo (Moscow, Russia)
- 2016 – Brugge (Brugge, Belgium)
- 2017 – Raduga (Belgorod, Russia)
- 2018 – FCSh-73 (Voronezh, Russia)
- 2019 – Trud (Voronezh, Russia)